10 Powerful Habits to Master for Success in Emotional Design to Connect With Your Audience
What We Mean By Emotional Design? By emotional design we mean, designs that induce emotions to create a optimistic audience experiences. The audience tends to think emotionally when it comes to decision-making. They make decisions based on their emotional value. They make plenty of choices as well as purchases based on their emotions, and they usually build their relationships based upon sympathy.
It is methodically confirmed that in any presentation the more you use emotional design the chances of attracting your client are far better. A majority of people will say that it is up to a presenter to make his design successful; however emotional designs also play a pivotal role in making his design a success. Emotional design can converse straight away and on an intuitive level, it makes your audience feel something special about your presentation design.
Now the question is how this emotional quotient will work in favour of a presenter to increase their profit in their business. Connecting emotionally with your audience is an important part of developing your bond with your clients. It adds value to your business when people know and believe that you and your business can be trusted. This increases your sales and helps you build your brand more proficiently. To answer that we have highlighted 10 Powerful Habits to Master for Success in Emotional Design to Connect with Your Audience
Table of Contents
- How Emotional Design Defines the Requirements and Responses of The Audience
- Interested in knowing more about what we mean by Emotional Design?
- Understanding 3 Key Levels of Emotional Design
- How to Implement Emotional Design
- What We Mean By User Experiences
- User Experiences Divided into Two Sub Categories
- 10 Ways: Emotional Design Works
- 3 Practices To Extract Emotional Response in Your Presentation Design
- Significance Of Colors and How It Affects Your Design
- Top Books On Emotional Design
How Emotional Design Defines the Requirements and Responses of the Audience
Your primary focus as a designer should be on what your audience expects from your designs. It should be evident from your presentation design that the audience can achieve their goals competently and successfully. At the same time, it becomes mandatory for you to ensure you are monitoring their emotional reaction. Good experiences will create a curiosity in their mind and that will give them clarity about your products which will motivate you to grow in your profession.
Most of the audience might have gone through a bad experience in their past, and they tend to correlate their experience with their feelings. Every individual will be reacting differently and there are possibilities that some may quickly get frustrated if they don’t get what they are looking for. From this statement, we can conclude that emotional designs have a great impact on audience responses and their requirements.
Interested in knowing more about what we mean by Emotional Design?
The concept of emotional design is to derive emotions that brings optimistic outcome in the mind of the buyers. Instinctive, Communicative and Introspective are the three key levels that a designer should aspire to accomplish which will help them build up a strong emotional foundation with their clients.
Understanding 3 Key Levels of Emotional Design
- Instinctive: The audience instinctive first reaction to your presentation plays a vital role.
2. Communicative: Subconscious mind of the audience assess how your presentation is going to be of assistance in attaining their objectives and goals. They should be convinced that they are in total control with the bare minimum hard work required.
3. Introspective: After watching your presentation about the product, the audience will introspect its advantages and accomplishments.
How to Implement an Emotional Design
To implement an emotional design, the first thing you should keep in mind is to work on a good functional design. The second thing that you need to do is gain in-depth knowledge of past user experiences.
What We Mean By User Experiences
By User experiences, we mean a meticulous study about the users’ requirements. The users’ experiences analyst implements a diverse process to explore problems and identity different design prospects which help them divulge precious information which can be used to feed into the designing process. It is also a systematic way of finding an imminent way to conduct successful designs.
User Experiences Divided into Two Sub Categories
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
10 Ways: Emotional Design Works
1. Showcase your uniqueness that will go well with your brand name – For Example Mailjet,
2. Give a personal touch to all your designs
3. Practice using colour contrast
4. Make specially designed labels
5. Craft Your Writing Skills with correct usage of font size and style
6. Add sound and video to give life to your characters in your presentation
7. Individualize the experiences of different audience
8. Give offers and astonish your audience
9. Effectively use storytelling which the audience can connect with your brand
10. Give importance to the audience and try to convey some entertaining messages
3 Practices to Extract Emotional Response in Your Presentation Design
- Select Your Colors Sensibly
- Give Visual Shape and Describe To Your Presentation Design
- Use More Visuals to Attract Your Audience
Significance of Colors and How It Affects Your Design
Colours have a significant role to play in your design. If we see there are different types of colours and each colour has different meanings attached to it. For example, cool colours are Tranquil. Warm colours are full of life, saturated colours are powerful. Pale colours deliver less punch to your designs. Light colours are encouraging and darker colours like black bring to mind a sense of negativity. Though black colour is considered to be sophisticated, we suggest you apply your colours efficiently.
Top Books on Emotional Design
We propose you read top books written on emotional design. Listed below are the three top books.
- Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate) Everyday Things
- Emotionally Intelligent Design: Rethinking How We Create Products
- Design for Emotion
Still not sure where to begin? It will be sensible to hire a presentation designer who can bring their thought process into play which will help you achieve some amazing results. You can take a look at powerpresso professional slides and designs and can buy them now at a very reasonable price.